Friday, May 15, 2015

Simple Vinagerette

Last night I swung by one of my favorite local restaurants and snagged a salad to go after my physical therapy session. I got a simple garden salad with grilled shrimp. It's something I could eat multiple times a week. I got the lemon Vinagerette to go with it, but when I got home, I discovered they gave me some creamy dressing instead. Wanting something lighter and healthier, I whipped up the following dressing. 

I threw about a teaspoon of mustard and honey in a bowl and whisked it up. I then added about 1/4 cup of white balsamic vinegar and about the same amount of olive oil. 

I tasted it and added a splash more vinegar and mustard because I like it tangy. Definitely taste and adjust as necessary. Champagne vinegar works well in this too. Add in herbs if you'd like as well. 


Here's the salad with the dressing on it. As you can see, it's very light, but full of flavor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment