Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Spinach and Feta Omelet

Sometimes I enjoy having breakfast for dinner. Yesterday I did just that, enjoying a great spinach and feta omelet. 
I started by chopping up a little spinach - two big handfuls since it reduces down so much.

Then I sautéed it in the garlic herb butter I made (garlic, parsley and unsalted butter). I used about a teaspoon of butter for the spinach. 

While the spinach was cooking up, I threw two eggs and about 1/4 cup of milk in a bowl and whisked it up.

I probably use a little more milk than others traditionally use, but I like it a little more creamy.

When the spinach is almost all wilted I add the eggs to the pan. I don't wait until the spinach is completely cooked down because it will cook more when the eggs are added.

I'll run a rubber spatula around the edge of the pan and get the runny egg to the surface of the pan to cook more.

Fip the omelet when you just start to see a little color either using a spatula or a plate. I opted for the plate to not make a big mess. I then added a handful of feta to one side of the omelet and folded the egg over to help melt the cheese.

That's it! Enjoy this simple yet delicious omelet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment