Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Brown Sugar Nutmeg Green Beans

Last weekend we had a nice dinner with my grandmother. In addition to a dessert, I was tasked with bringing a green veggie. I decided to pull out my trusty green bean recipe.

To start, I sautéed a massive bag of green beans in a little butter. This picture is deceiving, this pile of green beans fed eight people.

I sauté them at a fairly medium high temperature to get a nice soft char on the outside without turning them into mush. I like a little crips to them.


Once cooked, I sprinkled on a little bit of brown sugar. This is just about a tablespoon of light brown sugar for enough green beans to serve eight people, so don't overdo it. I mixed it all together and sprinkled in a little nutmeg as well. You basically want to cook this enough to melt the sugar onto the beans but not enough to caramelize it. Once the sugar is melted, you're done.


Serve up and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment