Monday, November 9, 2015

Mashed Cauliflower

Sometimes I get an idea in my head and can't get it out. I've seen mashed cauliflower on menus and online all the time, but I never really paid much attention to it. Then I decided I needed to make some. So never having tried it before or read a recipe on how to make it, I just set out to make some. What could go wrong? (Turns out nothing.)

I started by taking about half a package of FROZEN cauliflower and put it in a pot with about 1/4 cup of chicken broth. I covered the pan and let it steam for a good 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower was super soft.


Then I took my immersion blender to the cauliflower mixture and buzzed it up. I might have pureed it a bit too much this time, but live and learn. I then added a splash of 1% milk to the cauliflower to thin it out. It might look like a lot, but that's probably 2 tablespoons of milk.


At the very end I sprinkled in a little grated parmesan cheese for a little flavor since I found the mashed cauliflower needing a little something extra. This did just the trick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment