Monday, November 16, 2015

Overnight Stone Ground Oats

I really got into overnight oats recently with rolled oats, so I decided I'd give it a try with steel cut oats as well. 

I found this oatmeal in the grocery store and decided to give it a go. I love coconut and coconut milk, so I used that this time around. With steel cut oats you use a 1:1 ratio of liquid to oats. After some experimenting, I found that a 1:2 ratio of oats to liquid works best. In this instance, I like to use 1/3 of a cup of oatmeal to 2/3 of a cup of coconut milk. 


I'll often add a little something else to the oatmeal to give it different flavoring. My ultimate favorite is the dark chocolate sea salt caramel sauce from Stonewall Kitchen. I'll also mix in some of my homemade triple berry jam at times too. I'll make a few batches and will throw them in the fridge overnight or for a few nights and will just heat them up the next morning for about 2 minutes. Super easy!



No comments:

Post a Comment